That sounds reasonable until you see a list of which sites that are blocked and which aren't.
Al Franken IS blocked.
Rush Limbaugh is NOT blocked.
Which of those two said that torture at Abu Ghraib was merely the troops blowing off steam with the equivalent of fraternity pranks, and said a naked Iraqi was covered in shit in one photo because those people have different ideas about hygiene?
In short, which condoned war crimes?
A soldier sent this list of sites he tried to visit from his work computer.
The bright side is this could become a hobby for the troops--finding which sites Rummy, Cheney, and Rove don't want them to see (Bush can't read himself, so he'd have nothing to contribute).
Our Boys Need Gossip!
Unfortunately anonomizers don't work out here (never have). Anyway, I had a few minutes today and thought I'd look and see what else was banned on the Marine web here. I think the results speak for themselves:
- Wonkette – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.wonkette.com/) is categorized as: Forum/Bulletin Boards, Politics/Opinion.”
- Bill O’Reilly (www.billoreilly.com) – OK
- Air America (www.airamericaradio.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) is categorized as: Internet Radio/TV, Politics/Opinion.”
- Rush Limbaugh (www.rushlimbaugh.com) – OK
- ABC News “The Note” – OK
- Website of the Al Franken Show (www.alfrankenshow.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) is categorized as: Internet Radio/TV, Politics/Opinion.”
- G. Gordon Liddy Show (www.liddyshow.us) – OK
- Don & Mike Show (www.donandmikewebsite.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.donandmikewebsite.com/) is categorized as: Profanity, Entertainment/Recreation/Hobbies.”
support the troops wonkette censored censorship military blocked website professor smartass thought police